Thank you for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, Confabler. Thanks to your wordy creativity and my own fortunate chance, we found one other on this platform and since then have been nothing short of supportive and encouraging.
Now, the answers to your questions (that strangely demanded insights into myself):
- If you were to choose an insect that would take over the world after human extinction, who would that be?
An ant? Ants are industrious and responsible. After human extinction, I strongly feel ants can take perfect care of our world.
- How old were you when you first read Harry Potter? And your favorite author of course?
I remember reading my first Harry Potter in my eighth grade (I know it is late… isn’t it?), but I have been watching the series on Pogo’s May Movie Magic for a long time prior to the books. My favourite author is Jeffrey Archer. No one who has read him can disagree with me.
- If you were invisible what is the craziest thing that you would do?
Would head straight to my library and remain seated there on the aisle between stacks of books; though I know I would have a very hard time pulling books from their places without making people around me think the books are moving on their own.
- What food makes you feel like a hungry hyena?
Anything that is off my mother’s stove. In particular, hot and thick Dosa with spicy tomato chutney (Coriander-sprinkled).
- A song that makes you dream?
If you want one immediately, I would settle on Sangathil paadatha kavithai (its Hindi equivalent is Gum sum gum).
- Have you ever planted a tree?
It is embarrassing to say ‘No’, but thank you, your question has made me want to plant one soon.
- Choose your man: superman/ Spiderman/ iron man and if he was your best friend one thing that you would make him do?
David Carradine would shout his life out for Superman, but I will go with Spidy… only since your options lack Batman. Uhh, if he were my best friend, I would ask him to milk more cash from Jonah Jameson and secretly click a photo of him when the guy is irritated. I like JJ when he is irritated.
- How much time do you spend in front of the mirror everyday?
Being a man, I think I can get away with 5 minutes of mirror-time. (How much do you spend?)
- Why you started blogging and tell us about the post enjoyed the most making.
Started blogging because I wanted to share my words with more people, and importantly, with people who are avid readers and are equivalently passionate about writing. The post I most enjoyed making was, and will remain so forever, Thy Eternal Summer shall not Fade. It is something personal.
- Which social media platform are you addicted to (including WordPress)?
Facebook (‘addicted’ would be an overstatement, but I spend time here that I don’t later regret.) WordPress would qualify perfectly for an answer to your question.
To take this further, I would like to nominate the following writers:
- Twinquill (Urvashi and Mansi, reply individually!)
- Success Inspirer
- Little flame, I don’t know your name
- Venandi Vita
- Jia (If I can ping you back…)
The questions I want you people to answer:
- What is that one book you keep going back to?
- Do your deem your existence worth recounting in a biography? If not, why?
- What is your taste/genre in Cinema?
- Any sins you are proud of?
- Any achievements you regret?
- Do you see yourself as a successful author in future? If yes, then of what kind of book?
- What are your 3 most favourite blogs on WordPress?
- According to you, in a line, what is the future of Indian writing in English?
- You must be moonlighting as a writer. I am sure. What is your day life, and how passionate you are about it?
- What is your one-word description of yourself?
Thanks for following me and being a very sincere reader of my posts.I take this opportunity to say I loved your blogs to the same extent, and that I scroll down my Reader page on WordPress with eager expectations of reading your new stories.